Tuesday 1 December 2009

Visiting the Swedish Residence

Happenings since Sunday:

After updating my blog at Starbucks, which cost me a loft of annoyance (It seems that I can’t make paragraphs/distances in the last part of the text nor between text and pictures. And I have almost tried everything! I have even tried to be smart with some HTLM-codes... And I hate how the layout looks of my last update! So if anyone has any suggestions: PLEASE BRING THEM ON!), I went to Sushi Tei to have dinner, then bought some snacks for the evening and went home.

Monday I was having a “Sankta Lucia” rehearsal after work at the Swedish Residence (and before that sushi at Ranch Market, cake at Starbucks with Heidi and ice cream at Oakwoods with Heidi).

This has been the biggest experience of this week so far!

The Swedish Residence is amazing! Like a palace.

We were only the Swedish ambassador, Hanna, Heidi, another Swedish married woman (her husband works for IKEA) and me for the rehearsal. But compared to how I had imagined that my first experience would turn out with learning new Swedish songs – it actually went quite well!

So far I have learned “Sankta Lucia”, “Staffan”, “Goder Afton” and a few others. I hope that I’ll manage to remember the texts for our performance on the 16th of December. (More about that one after the performance...)

After the singing part we had dinner at the Swedish Residence. The table was set like for a ball. And it was so nice finally to have homemade food again!

“Aspargestærte, en tærte med løg og tomat og gedeost, en salat, lækkert brød og nogle dejlige forskellige oste. Og hvidvin. Og et kæmpe frugtfad.”

Delicious! And a lot of regrets about the cake and ice cream at Oakwoods.

Yesterday I have bought tickets to Bali from the 16th of January until the 22nd of January! Relaxation just before I go back home to Denmark!

And I went to the tailor with Maj-Britt directly after work to try on my dress and the jacket that they made for me. They had chosen the wrong fabric for my dress. It looked mostly like the one that I wanted, but it had a slightly different brownish colour. But it was nice anyway. So I didn’t complain. They had enough to do with another bule-woman who was definitely not satisfied with their work. I do not hope that I give the same impression to others, when I talk to locals. Cause she was definitely rude!

They are now changing a few things at the dress and at the jacket. The dress has to be made smaller. They had made it way to big.

And then they will also make me some nice pants. So I’ll go there again on Monday and try the clothes on again.

Afterwards we went to Ranch Market to shop and then I have had a nice relaxing evening the rest of the day.

Today will be work and then we/I are/am planning a trip to the movies – watching “New Moon”. But I think that I have lost the overview of who will be joining.

Well, we’ll see tonight.

1 comment:

  1. "...cake at Starbucks with Heidi and ice cream at Oakwoods with Heidi..."

    Ouch Cat, you totally reveal my bad habits to everyone here :D

    ReplyDelete