Sunday 27 December 2009

One month left in Jakarta

Good evening!

Today I went to Fitness First again (for the last time, since my membership expires this month).

On my way there I got stopped by the ojek drivers at the entrance to Mega Kuningan.

Now where they know me, they stopped me and wanted to show me something. Now they have three bottles hanging inside their little tent. And in every bottle there is a snake. They opened one of the bottles and started playing with the snake. That poor thing can barely move on the tiles (just like Maj-Britt and me, since they can be very slippery...), which makes the men much faster than the snake.

Then picture session began and every ojek driver now most likely has a picture of me and with me.

In the end they threw a stock over the snake, which made it impossible for it to move at all. And they could pick it up from the ground and put it back into the bottle.

They told me that they eat them and that they are delicious.




The guy here playing with the snake is named Agus. Agus has plenty of pictures of me and with me now... More than I have of him!




After fitness I have only been back here at Casaluna and relaxed, until I went to Grand Indonesia with Maj-Britt at 18.00 p.m. to eat fries and burgers at Burger King.

Afterwards we walked around and I was stupid enough to try a sample of some DURIAN cake... I get more and more convinced that I am one of these persons who hate Durian! I hat to take another sample of some popcorn afterwards, just to get another taste. But unfortunately I chose the sugar popcorn... But stille better than Durian cake!

We had some frozen yoghurt at Sour Sally's and went shopping in Forever 21 and Mango.

A great girls evening!

Now I'm back in my room at Casaluna. I have just had the guards help me with ordering a taxi for tomorrow morning at 4.30, where I'll leave for Sumatra for my four day vacation.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about the trip and if I will get around ok. But I have had a lot of advice so far, so I guess/hope that I'll be just fine! Maybe I'll get 10 years older during these days, just like Heidi and my trip to Bandung! :)

Tonight 00.05 will also be the time, where there is exactly one month until I leave Jakarta. And tomorrow 17.00 (Danish time) there will be exactly one month until I arrive in the airport in Copenhagen. I'm both a bit scared and sad about leaving Jakarta. I guess I will miss it really badly, even though some annoyances, like the heat and the traffic, have been hard on me. But on the other hand I really look forward to coming home again!

I'll get back to Jakarta on New Years Eve, so most likely my next blog update will be in the new year!

So happy New Year everyone!

And good night here from Casaluna!

No comments:

Post a Comment