Saturday 28 November 2009

Satisfied at Starbucks - the proud owner of 100 small batik bags!!! :)

Now sitting here again! It is - again - the third time in one day... It is Starbucks!
(I only have six spots left on my bonus card that I need to fill, before I can get a Starbucks calendar 2010!!!)

Thursday I went to ITC after work - and now the tailor is making me a batik dress. I'm excited and very much looking forward to see how it is going to be!

In the evening I had a sushi-date with Peter and afterwards Peter, Cornelius, Johan, Andreas and I went to see "Ninja Assassin" - the worst movie ever! Blood blood blood!!!
(But since it seems that I already have seen ALL the movies that run in the cinema or that are available on fake dvd right now, there were not that many other possibilities...)

Friday was Idul Adha.

Mariza picked me up early in the morning (early is first 6.30 - and that means not early enough to watch morning prayer) and then we drove to Deedee's place, where I had been invited to join the family for Idul Adha.

Many many many people sitting on a field in front of a school - praying!
Deedee's family had just come back from the prayer, when we arrived. And apparently the sacrifice was postponed until Saturday, since there was also Friday prayer later that day.
Deedee's mom had made Beef Rendang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendang) and other traditional dishes! Delicious!
And a picture of the result below:

And after the "breakfast" Deedee and her mom helped me getting dressed like a real Muslim with a veil.

Deedee's mom doing the traditional version.

Deedee doing the modern version.

And off we went, Deedee, Mariza and I, to find a place in the neighbourhood, where they did the slaughtering already on Friday.
And we found a place.
And I fitted in very well! The children had been standing very long and watched me. And according to Deedee, they had been discussion if I was a bule or not. Deedee confirmed that I was a bule and then there was picture time! :)

We also tried out another mosque, but here they were also waiting with the sacrifice until Saturday. Instead there were a lot of living animals. And Deedee had big fun tacking pictures of especially the animals!


We went back to Deedee's place, Deedee had another friend coming over, we eat again and then apparently Deedee and Mariza had some kind of nap - which I think that I ruined for them. No wonder Indonesians can get up that early in the morning and stay up so long every night, if they sleep during the whole day! (I hope you two lovely ones read this!)

After nap-time we went to Coffee War in Kemang, where Tiara and Citra also joint us! A great place! And most of all a great street! So many souvenirs. And I have seen some small wooden Tuk Tuk's that I definitely need to find again and buy!

And we had Banana Fritters (Pisang Goreng)! Saya suga Banana Fritters! (http://indonesianfoodrecipe.com/banana-fritters/banana-fritters/)

Oneng and Onah with Pisang Goreng!
From here it went home in a taxi and on the way I saw a lot of other animals that hadn't been slaughtered yet.

Out of the back window of the taxi: Cows and goats along the street.

At home I got a short short nap, before I had to get ready again and go to Plaza Indonesia. Here I met with Johanna, Heidi and Samuli. We had sushi and ice cream.

Three bule's crazy about sushi! :)

They went home and I met shortly with Mariza, Tiara & Co. to watch a movie. But "New Moon" was totally booked in all the cinemas.

So home to sleep instead.

Saturday I got up very early again. I wanted to be at the post office as soon as they opened - which they apparently first do around 9.00 on Saturdays.
I had a horrible trip there. My taxi driver kept on telling me "I love you!", "I need you!", "Kamu cantik!" and other stuff. I even think that he drove me around for longer than nessesary, without my notice, since I only focused on his annoying flirt!
When we finally reached the post office I was in such a hurry to get out of the taxi that I smashed my head against the door, which resulted in a headache the rest of the day.
But at the post office everything seemed to work out just fine! No one speaking English, but people were very helpful - of course with the intention of being payed tips. But I payed gladly, a lot, as long as someone told me how to ship out all the stuff I had brought there!
And I went home happy in a taxi smelling of petroleum, but with two receipes and two tracking numbers, so I can follow my packages on the internet! :)
The rest of the day was relaxing in my room at Casaluna, cleaning up and being practical.
In the evening I tried to go to Sarinah Mall to watch a movie and have dinner. But I was very disappointed. Again ALL the seats where sold out. So I had a pedicure instead and went home early again.
Today I have been to Mangga Dua with Heidi from early morning on. With the intention of bying scarfs.
Mangga Dua is the worst copy place ever! But they actually also have nice copies! I found some lovely watches and a lot of nice smelling perfumes, where you can't smell the difference and the bottle and the wrapping look 100% real!
(http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/indonesia/jakarta/jakarta_districts/info-123-mangga_dua_jakarta_district_guide.php)

But even though Mangga Dua is THE place for copy products, what I bought is not such a thing at all! I have bought 100 small batik purses, for an amazingly low price! How low - I won't tell - since most of you at home can look forward to getting one! ;)
After Mangga Dua Heidi let me off the taxi at Plaza Indonesia, where I have been hanging out with Johanna until now - in the order: Starbucks, Thailand restaurant, practical stuff, Starbucks, practical stuff, Starbucks.
And this was it! The rest of the day is not totally planned yet. I'll see what it brings.
And to everyone: A nice new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment