Wednesday 25 November 2009

Rainy Thursday in Jakarta

Today is the last working day of this week – casual Thursday! (And I have been preparing a little story for you last night after work – very late – since they blocked blogspot.com at Casaluna. So I can only sent my updates from other places now. I DO NOT like having the websites blocked that I like to visit...)

So what has been happening during this week – or since last time I wrote an update about my life.
And it has actually been a very busy and eventful week!

Sunday I got up, did a lot of practical stuff, but then I decided to go to sleep again. This was after all one of the only possibilities in this country to sleep as long as I would like to.

Before noon I went to Fitness First to work out and afterwards there was again time for sushi at Ranch Market (which has become that meal I eat mostly) and (among others) Green Tea Frappucino at Starbucks!

Johanna came to pick me up at Starbucks and together we took a taxi to Heidi’s choir concert (Jakarta International Community Choir 3rd Anniversary Concert) in Dapur Susu, Pondok Labu.
We were in good time, but since we had the most awful taxi driver EVER it took us quite some time to get there. He drove up and down a street that wasn’t even the street we had asked him to go to. And he had actually already been on the correct street and seemed to know exactly where the correct street was... ARG!

The concert was great! And Heidi is now a bit famous, since the concert has made it to the news! Metro news! Actually it's just a short clip of the boys' show "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", and it's in the very end of the news:

http://www.metrotvnews.com/index.php/metromain/newsprograms/2009/11/23/3890/118/Senin-23-November-2009

Below pictures of Heidi's fame:






After the concert Heidi went home and Johanna and I went out to eat pizza (VERY GOOD PIZZA) at Grand Indonesia.

And on the way home again there were cows and goats almost everywhere!

Most of Monday was spent at a Biogas Seminar in Bogor with Anjelita. After Anjelita’s presentation we (Anjelita, Triyono and I) went to eat typical Sundanese food at a typical Sundanese restaurant – sitting on the floor. GREAT!


Durian ice cream - finally tasted Durian. Not spectacular - but not as bad as I had imagined...

Avocado juice

Catharina with avocado juice

My lunch! :)

The rest of the day was spent at the embassy and afterwards Ranch Market to shop and then home – this day in a taxi (which I bitterly regretted)... The taxi had like many cars this light that starts blinking, when the driver hasn’t put on his seatbelt. But as a supplement hereto this taxi also had this beeping sound. And this driver hadn’t put on his seatbelt. And it seemed that he didn’t intend to do this. I was only waiting for him to put on the belt, but it never happened. Instead the beeping sound went from a beeping with long intervals to a beeping with ultra short intervals – all the way home!

Tuesday I was at Marriott almost the whole day for a seminar! With a great international buffet. So I had sushi, I had tomato soup, I had roast beef, I had potatoes, I had salads, I had delicious bread and cheese, I had smoked salmon and I had the most wonderful deserts! WOW! And I might have had a lot more which I just don’t remember!
Afterwards I spent a few hours at the embassy and then buying some movies at ITC and home to relax.

Yesterday I spent the whole day here at the embassy. We had a seminar and there was plenty to do. So I’m still a bit tired today – especially because those stupid mosquito’s multiply rapidly during this raining season. But from today on there is weekend. And extended weekend even!

And this weekend might bring a lot of new impressions, since I will at least try to learn more about the sacrifice tomorrow!

And today after being at the embassy, I’ll go to the tailor to try on the jacket I’m having made – and look at batik fabric, since I guess I’ll be having a batik dress made also... ;)

By the way I have finally seen post boxes here in Indonesia! One last week and one this week!
They look like this:


Have a nice weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. "Heidi's fame" heheheh :D

    Where is that post box?! I will need it too :D

    ReplyDelete