Friday 20 November 2009

My first blog post! Friday in Jakarta - at Starbucks with Johanna, Heidi, Samuli and Maj-Britt!

Catharina now has a blog!!!!! :)

I haven't been able to upload further photos on Facebook, so here I am - HAVING A BLOG!

And I'll be the best blogger EVER!

So here just a selection of the last good photos (the ones I didn't make to upload on Facebook on Monday - when Facebook still worked...):

Tiger Beer in Little India

Catharina with Tiger Beer!

Catharina on a Hippo Bus

On a Hippo Bus through the streets of Singapore

Skyline of Singapore


Catharina in a tea shop in Chinatown


Singapore Flyer

Singapore's most important attraction - a fish-lion...


In the blue light of the Hippo Bus - tired and not up for photos...



The Christmas decorations of Singapore were amazing!



At the airport! Sending 18 post cards and then unfortunately already on the way back to Jakarta...

So far I have sent home group emails about my life in Jakarta. But now I'll start blogging about it instead. So for you guys who have received my group emails - I'll stop spamming you from now on!

The last group email was sent on Monday! So here is what I have been doing since Monday!

Tuesday I was at an amazing seminar - in Bahasa... But in a suburb of Jakarta, where it was very nice!

In the evening Maj-Britt, Tanja and I went to Grand Indonesia to eat sushi and treat ourselves with a girls movie "Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past" - amazing! I'm still in love! :)

Wednesday after work I went to Ranch Market (sushi time again...) and Starbucks to meet up with Heidi and go to ITC and the tailor. I'm having a fantastic jacket made - at least I hope so! Afterwards home to relax for the rest of the evening. It has been some long days since Singapore!

Thursday Maj-Britt and I were cold like h... at work. So we decided to treat ourselves with massage after work! We went to Jaspa at Ambassador Mall. It's nice and we are definitely going there again! Next time it will not only be for one hour, but for two and with scrub! ;)

I went out having sushi again afterwards - this time at Plaza Indonesia and with Johanna. Lovely evening! But home again late and very tired!

Today is Friday and there is a weekend in front of me. Now the others have left me alone here at Starbucks, but so far I have been here with Johanna, Heidi and Samuli and Maj-Britt.

This will be a day at Oakwoods! I have brought fitness clothes, but I'm still not sure if I'm going... My list of practical stuff to do is quite long, so I might stay and enjoy my beloved Starbucks a bit longer.

Anyway it looks as if it is going to rain again every second, so I'm definitely not walking home! The weather has been horrible the last week! It is raining all the time, it is grey and it is cold! This was not what I was hoping for, when I decided to come to Indonesia! And somehow the mosquitos are now everywhere! And rats are coming up from the underground - probably their homes are filled with rain water...

But in the morning it is usually very nice.

Tomorrow morning I have to get up very early. Heidi and Mariza (+ 3 others) are coming at 6 am and we'll go wild water rafting! We'll meet the rest of the group at the river. I'm looking forward to it! And it is another reason just to relax today and enjoy Starbucks!

I'll get back to my blog next time I have something to tell about! It probably won't be long! ;)

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment